When I was pregnant with Rosemary, I felt very clearly that sage green, pink, deep red, and brown were the colors for her, and that I wanted her room to feel natural and magical, like a midsummer night's dream.
With the boy, both the name and the vision have been more difficult. And it's not like this boy has his own room waiting for him. He's going to sleep in our room for a few months, and then (if we're even still in this house after July) he'll either move into Rosie's room, or we'll squeeze his crib into the guest room. But I want to make him a blanket, and for that I feel a need to have a whole room envisioned. Jack and I would also like to find something we can create together for his room, like the tree we made for Rosie. This shouldn't be an expensive thing to do, just a creative way to begin connecting.
Here are my inspiring images, so far.


Exploration, antique maps and aeroplanes, I guess. The world is his oyster. Rich red, dark blue (to almost navy), mustardy yellow. Thoughts? Ideas?




3 comments:
i like it.
The last map looks very similar to the one we have hanging in Ian's room.
Years before we met, Jason put foam board backing on it and started marking all the places with little push pins he's lived and traveled all over the world (there's a lot), color coding it. Then when we met we added red as our color for places we've traveled. Then with Ian we've added orange for places we've all traveled together.
It went from Jason's bedroom to our office space and now to Ian's room and I think it fits really well there. It's a meaningful reminder whenever I see it.
Looking forward to seeing the fruits of your creativity . . .
love it...I do have a soft spot for antique looking maps. Also love the whole aviator look with the funny goggles and leather hats and silky scarves blowing in the wind.
Post a Comment