
You might not think that this book - a cookbook - could count, but I'm currently 3/4 of the way through and can barely put it down. Who doesn't love reading descriptions of food? I tried the master recipe from the book today, to lovely results:
My only complaint is that my crumb was a bit too dense; luckily, the authors have addressed that issue on their website.
Next, I want to try using the dough for pizza crust. Probably arugula pesto pizza, seeing as how an abundance of rocket in my garden became an abundance of pesto in my freezer this afternoon. (Note: Rosie can say "garden". Well, something close to it, anyway.)
Normally, I'm not a fan of greens (unless they are mixed with a lot of cheese, as in the pesto, or cooked with bacon - yum), so I was skeptical of Smitten Kitchen's claim that I would love baked kale chips.
But the truth is, I'm having a hard time leaving any of these for Jack to try when he gets home! In fact, I'm thinking of planting kale in the garden just so I can have a ready supply for these chips. Yum.
By the way, I know it's been too long since you've had pictures of Rosie. Coming soon, I promise.




4 comments:
We use this cookbook almost daily and love it. We've ended up buying 50 lb bags of flour at Costco . . . we like the master recipe, light whole wheat and 100% whole wheat. Next we're going to try the baguette.
I knew you would love those kale chips! Finally a healthy snack that doesn't taste gross or have a weird texture.
We also use that bread book and always have the tupperware full of dough in our fridge. I make pizza with it all the time, and the nice part is, I never even give it time to rise. My favorite so far is just putting olive oil, motz, gorgonzolla, pears, and walnuts. It turns out so sweet and flavorful.
I want to see more food posts!
I'm hungry now.
You read my mind about Rosie!
I've been wanting to try Kale chips for about a year now, but I haven't gotten around to it. I'll have to try them soon.
Post a Comment