Tuesday, January 19, 2010

my one year old

While I was in Arkansas, Mom and I went through a box of dresses and nightgowns that she had saved from my childhood. I brought several of them back to Seattle with me, even though they are mostly for ages 3-6.

Today as I was unpacking, I found one dress that I thought might already be too small for Rosie, so I decided that she should try it on.
It was so cute that I just kept taking pictures. As parents are wont to do.



The unpacking continued, and I found a photo album that Grandma gave me. It's full of pictures of me that she collected during my first six years or so. Lo and behold, I found myself in the very same dress Rosie was trying on.

Me, at age one

And Rosie, who turns one in six days

You sure can see her dad in her, but I think there's a little resemblance to me too.

6 comments:

Birdie said...

No Worries! You are totally there. I see it. I see you. No contest, you are here mama! Kisses and happy early birthday.

Birdie said...

Her Mama. I meant 'her.' Should have taken some more English...

Katie said...

Loooove it.

She looks a lot like you, but she has a kindness on her face that I think is from Jack. You are kind too, but Jack has a kind face.

Micaiah said...

Spitting image if you ask me!

Juliebeans said...

I love things that are passed down and have history! And she definitely does have a little Lepine resemblance.

John Lepine said...

I can see a lot of dad in one year-old you. Take out most of the resemblance to dad and put in Jack and I think that's one year-old Rosie.