Yesterday I pulled thirty pumpkin seedlings out of my garden, bringing the total up to roughly a hundred. This time a group of them sprouted up right under my arugula, and I can't tell yet if the little lettuce will make it after such calamity at the root level.
We're trying a bunch of new things this year. We've still got our tomatoes growing from seed indoors, along with red and yellow peppers. They'll move out at the beginning of June.
In the garden now, we have Yukon Gold potatoes

snap peas

merlot romaine lettuce

carrots

and arugula

and, you can get a prize if you can identify this guy (I've no clue, but it looks like a shrub or a tree, don't you think?).




3 comments:
I hope the arugula makes it. I'm very jealous of the garden.
I love Yukon gold potatoes! Nice garden...
Have you tried snipping the pumpkin shoots off at ground level? With just a few, pinching them by hand seems to work, but for 30+, some sharp scissors would probably make quick work of the invaders.
Post a Comment